Tuesday, August 30, 2011

5 kilometer training program, OMG! (The Practice Blog...)

So you came to the first class and found out you were going to have participate in a 5km run/jog/wog/walk/crawl (!) training program- I can only imagine what many of you were thinking. I can imagine that some of you were excited, some of you were trying to think of ways to get out of this class as fast as possible, and other of you were thinking that this is a great way to start a semester. No matter where your thinking was and is, it reflects many things about you as a person including your physical activity preferences, your motivation, your stress level, and potentially your physical activity level. All of these topics will be discussed in Chapters 1-3 in the PE manual over the next few weeks.

For this week's blog, type in 5 words or less (a sentence or words separated by commas) what your initial thoughts were when you found out you would be training to run a 5km. Remember that this is a practice post and that although it does not count for 1%, it gives you a chance to practice commenting and see what others have to say. (And don't worry, I'll bite the bullet and be the first to comment!)

How to Comment on a Blog 101:
1. At the end of this post, click on the word "Comments".
2. Choose an identity (either sign in or post anonymously, but put your name in the post if you are signing in anonymously.)
3. Write your comment. Do not use inappropriate language.
4. Save/Publish your comment.

15 comments:

  1. I agree this teacher is nuts but still the best teacher ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting class at a very good time of the day, don't judge a book by it's cover and I can't wait to see what's in store for us throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought "OMG!...We'll have to run 5Km?!" but when the teacher said she hates running, that reassured me!

    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought, Oh no the race is the day of my birthday ! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good objective if you always keep the right attitude !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never did a 5 km run in my life. That'll be fun... i hope. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  7. During High School we used to run minimum 20min. to every physical ed. class... But I didnt keep this habit thus I have no more endurance in cardio !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is your playlist for the 5km ? personaly I enjoy eminem for running. loseyourelf is the best song i think for running..! what do you think ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't believe I'm doing this again. We used to do a 5km run in the mountain at my old school! Hopefully I'll enjoy running after this course because it's the best exercice for your body!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I foresee a lot of pain, but at least I'm not suffering alone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought "Oh my gosh, I havent ran since last year! But I can't wait to get started and feel healthy again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Running 5 km is alot, but I think that if run together in a group it won't be that bad!


    Sara Rahimi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wanted to start running anyway so it was the perfect time for the teacher to introduce this 5km run to the class!

    ReplyDelete